With our need to reschedule due to our February storm - we have a new date!
Once again Bob Simandl and Craig Papka of von Briesen & Roper, s.c., will be presenting on the latest issues, trends and challenges in the labor and employment arena for employers. With nearly 50 years of experience between them, Bob and Craig will discuss with
the attendees not only the requirements of law which have changed or will be changing but more importantly the impact the change may have on business. Bob and Craig will also discuss recent legal trends and interpretations which impact company policies and procedures and provide practical solutions for legal compliance.
The following topics will be covered in this informative session:
1. FMLA update including discussion of the appropriate questions under a Health Care Provider Certification.
2. The Americans with Disabilities Act - Standards for compliance and creating an effective environment for the "interactive process" in minimizing legal vulnerabilities.
3. Restrictive Covenants -Non-Competition, Non-Solicitation and Non-Disclosure - and the must "knows" on creating enforceable agreements for employers.
4. "Independent Contractors" and the standards for vulnerability avoidance.
5. Drug Testing Dos and Don'ts - What constitutes "reasonable suspicion."
6. Exempt vs. Non-Exempt Status - The political issues associated with "salaried" employees.
7. Hiring and retention trends and five creative ideas for employee satisfaction.
8. Wage and Hour exceptions and limitations on "non-working time."
9. Joint Employers - Where does the liability stand?
10. And more...
Bob Simandl has been a frequent speaker for Fox Valley SHRM for many years and is the Chairperson for the Labor and Employment practice at von Briesen & Roper, s.c. His 30+ years of experience in addressing cutting edge labor and employment law issues for employers, Bob will help guide us through the most recent developments in meeting legal compliance responsibilities.
If you have specific questions to include in the program, please email them to: Bob Simandl at email@example.com.
Schedule of Events:
7:30am - 8:00am Registration/Networking/Hot Breakfast
8:00am - 8:30am Business Meeting
8:30am - 11:30am Program
The program has been approved for 3 hours of general credit for HRCI and 3 hours for SHRM continued education credits.
To register at the member price to attend, you need to log into the FVSHRM website using your member username and password. Please note that registration for this program will not be reimbursed due to cancellation or no-show nor can payment for this session be transferred to a future program.
Registration for this program will not be reimbursed due to cancellation or no-show, nor can payment for this session be transferred to a future program.
PLEASE NOTE SITE CHANGE TO FVTC JD BORDINI CENTER.