The SHRM Legislative and Employment Law Conference is next week in Washington DC. SHRM does an incredible job of helping attendees get to Capitol Hill, setting up meetings with your representatives, and preparing you to discuss important issues to the HR profession. Our very own VP of Legislation will be attending for FV SHRM and discussing workplace flexibility and health care with legislators.
Want to learn more? See the information sheets on the issues developed by SHRM:
· Health Care SHRM Fact Sheet [pdf]
· Workplace Flexibility SHRM Fact Sheet [pdf]
One of the best ways to convey the impact to these legislators is to tell them how these things impact real employers. That’s where we need you –
· If you are subject to federal contractor paid sick leave, how does that impact you?
· Are you subject to multiple state laws on paid sick leave?
· Have any headaches coordinating Wisconsin FMLA with federal FMLA?
· Have you made changes or would you be impacted by the Cadillac tax?
· How has health care reform changed your business?
Tell us your stories so we can share those in DC and advocate for the HR profession. Email or call Rebecca Kellner, VP of Legislation, at Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-731-0400.